East Lothian Food & Drink BID believes that we have a responsibility to contribute toward looking after the environment as part of sustainable economic growth, to ensure that all people have the opportunity to satisfy their basic needs and enjoy a better quality of life, without compromising quality of life for future generations.
East Lothian Food & Drink BID is committed to improving our environmental performance across all of our operations, which include; the development of Business Improvement Districts, regeneration and asset management, production and manufacturing, warehousing and distribution.
East Lothian Food & Drink BID recognises that our key impacts are in the areas of:
Energy use | Raw material use | Waste generation | Emissions to air/water | Water use | Buying and procurement
East Lothian Food & Drink BID will strive to:
- Carry out a review of our resource use and environmental impacts
- Identify areas where we can minimise our environmental impacts
- Set realistic targets and identify a series of measures to try to reduce impacts
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy and prevent pollution
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, FSC certified or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources]
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and guidelines
- Adopt an environmentally responsible transport strategy
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in purchasing or investment decisions where appropriate
- Communicate our environmental policy to staff, customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Continually assess and improve the environmental impact of all our operations
East Lothian Food & Drink BID will commit resources to ensure that effective management and improvement of our identified impacts is progressed and will review performance annually and update our policy when necessary.
If you have any comments on our Environmental Policy, please contact us